What to do when women cry

Stavrose

Fried Yoda
Staff member
Here's a brilliant excerpt from the book. I suggest all guys go buy it. Women, stop reading now and don't bother buying the book :p

Crying

Men hate it when women cry. It's not that we feel sorry for them, it's that we don't know what to do while they're crying. The amount of comforting a man must feign to make her stop seems completely arbitrary; how much is enough? When women start to cry, men feel trapped. Some men feel like there's something they could be doing to make the woman stop, and feel obligated to stay until she does. That's why it's important to nip the problem in the bud before it even gets to that point. Here's what you can do to stop a woman from crying before she even starts, or at least minimize the wailing when she does:
  • Have her walk it off. No feelings can be so wounded that a couple of laps around the block can't fix.
  • Give her ice cream. All women love comfort foods when they feel down, and those foods are usually fattening. So she'll gain a few more pounds, no big deal. The reason she feels bad in the first place is because you don't want to be seen with her fat ass anyway. Win-win.
  • Tell her to find religion.
  • Wehip out your penis in front of her; all women are delighted to see a man's genitals. Or at the very least, she'll be concerned that you're thinking of your cock in her time of suffering and she will be too frightened to continue.
One time I dumped a woman, and she didn't take it too well. I told her to stop crying because I only had one roll of toilet paper left. This only made her cry more, so I went downstairs and made myself a sandwich. When she came downstairs to see what I was doing, she had snot running down her nose, so I lost my appetite. Of course, I asked her to reimburse me for the cost of the sandwich that I was no longer going to eat, at which point she exploded even louder. It seemed like no matter what I did, she'd keep crying and begging me to take her back. I finally got tierd of it, so I told her that if she took my videos back to the rental store, we could talk. By the time she came back, I had turned off the lights and pretended I wasn't home.

Every time a woman starts to cry, a silent timer starts to tick inside a man's head. As each second passes, the man begins to wonder when it's safe to go back to playing video games. The reason men don't know what to do when women start to cry is because our natural response is to treat the woman like a child; does she want milk? Does she need to be burped? Did she eat somethiing off the floor that upset her stomach? This reaction is natural because adults don't cry. So when an adult does something that a child does, the only suitable response is to treat her like a child.[/b]

-Taken from "The Alphabet of Manliness" by Maddox. Visit Maddox's website at http://maddox.xmission.net and get the book at http://www.alphabetofmanliness.com

Give her ice cream. All women love comfort foods when they feel down, and those foods are usually fattening. So she'll gain a few more pounds, no big deal. The reason she feels bad in the first place is because you don't want to be seen with her fat ass anyway. Win-win.

Absolutely pricelss.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stavrose @ May 26 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]81848[/snapback][/center]
Here's a brilliant excerpt from the book. I suggest all guys go buy it. Women, stop reading now and don't bother buying the book :p
[/b]
qfe

lol, yup. He has a new book out which you can preorder, or buy when it is released in June. Mine arrived prematurely via amazon around May 17th, so I'm having a blast reading it before anyone else :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PrOdiGy @ May 26 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]81979[/snapback][/center]
i want it too :( [/b]

"The UK version of the book will be released by Penguin, and will be available simultaneously with the US release. The UK release may have a different cover. Cancel your vacations."
so find it at a major bookstore near you on June 6

woot. nice find stav - i couldnt be bothered to look it up lol

looks like ill be visiting smiths on the 6th then!

Every time a woman starts to cry, a silent timer starts to tick inside a man's head. As each second passes, the man begins to wonder when it's safe to go back to playing video games.

a truer two sentences have yet to appear in print lol!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ May 30 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]82592[/snapback][/center]
Every time a woman starts to cry, a silent timer starts to tick inside a man's head. As each second passes, the man begins to wonder when it's safe to go back to playing video games.
a truer two sentences have yet to appear in print lol!!!
[/b]

LMAO

Same goes for men. When men start ranting about something, us women start thinking about how much longer we have to wait before we can ask for a new pair of shoes, or a new graphics card.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ May 31 2006, 01:44 AM) [snapback]82595[/snapback][/center]
LMAO

Same goes for men. When men start ranting about something, us women start thinking about how much longer we have to wait before we can ask for a new pair of shoes, or a new graphics card.
[/b]

i think my wife is lucky on that end ..im one of those folks that jsut doesnt stay mad at anyone or anything rather than hate or be mad at things or people i just tune em out of my head jsut dont give them any thought or effort...thus i usually dont go on alot of rants about crap around the house ..plus i dont require alot as far as material things go so if my wife wants new shoes thats fine with ...the downside to that is when i do want something it wont be a 80 dollar pair of shoes but more like a 500 dollar something or another so i guess over time we even out in spending lol

of course my wife did pull a nice one on me once ..we went out for burritos and came back with a subaru ...it it all jsut happened so fast ..i knew somehting was up when she took the classifieds with her and asked for the salesman at the subaru place by name >.< lol!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cubby @ May 30 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]82597[/snapback][/center]
i think my wife is lucky on that end ..im one of those folks that jsut doesnt stay mad at anyone or anything rather than hate or be mad at things or people i just tune em out of my head jsut dont give them any thought or effort...thus i usually dont go on alot of rants about crap around the house ..plus i dont require alot as far as material things go so if my wife wants new shoes thats fine with ...the downside to that is when i do want something it wont be a 80 dollar pair of shoes but more like a 500 dollar something or another so i guess over time we even out in spending lol

of course my wife did pull a nice one on me once ..we went out for burritos and came back with a subaru ...it it all jsut happened so fast ..i knew somehting was up when she took the classifieds with her and asked for the salesman at the subaru place by name >.< lol!!!
[/b]

:lol:

Well with us...we both love computers right? So we're always discussing who gets to upgrade next. It's always a balancing act. "Well you got the graphics card last time" "Maybe, but you got that phat keyboard"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiveria @ May 30 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]82600[/snapback][/center]

Well with us...we both love computers right? So we're always discussing who gets to upgrade next. It's always a balancing act. "Well you got the graphics card last time" "Maybe, but you got that phat keyboard"
[/b]

Back